• 1- 869-466-2998
  • info@sknfa.com

Newtown, Conaree, Cayon and Village still standing in FA Cup

Four teams are left standing in the SKNFA (FA) Cup competition after this past weekend’s results. Winners Circle Newtown F.C., Island Auto Supplies Conaree F.C., Rams Village Superstars and Flow 4G Cayon Rockets. On Saturday, Flow 4G Cayon Rockets edged Fast Cash Saddlers 1-0 on Saturday, with the goal coming from Carlos Bertie in the 25th minute. Coach George Isaac of Cayon conceded that a defensive error led to the winning goal. “It was a mistake from the keeper still and it was able to bypass him and went into the net,” Coach Isaac said.

In the other quarter final match, Rams Village Superstar demolished Elco Ltd. St. Peters 4-1. St. Peters got the first goal of the match in the first half through Tyquan Tyrell in the 18th minute. But Village turned the game on its head in the second half with Tiran Hanley scoring the equalizer at the start of the second half. Eight minutes later, Hanley doubled the lead and the flood gates of goals opened for the defending FA Cup champions. Kimaree Rogers added a third goal in the 66th minute and Tahir Hanley added a fourth in stoppage time, sealing St. Peters’ fate. Coach Jeffrey Hazel of Village was asked what he recommended to his team at half time to change their fortunes. “After the goal scored, we had a lapse in concentration. They just weren’t concentrating for the remainder of the half,” Coach Hazel said.  “At half time, we spoke to them, boost their confidence, give them some motivation, told them what they really needed to do for us to get the victory and so they did,” he added.

For St. Peters, Coach Orville Thompson of St. Peters explained how his team, having dominated the first half and had an early lead, how they fell behind to lose 4-1.  “I think it was just basic mistakes and I think the guys didn’t live up to the task that they had to play today,” Thompson said.

On Sunday, it took a penalty shootout to settle the match between Winners Circle Newtown F.C. and Hobson Enterprises Garden Hotspurs, after drawing 1-1 in regulation time. Keon Battice scored early for Newtown in the 8th minute of play but Dajhal Kelly equalized before halftime in the 42nd minute. Below is the result of the penalty:


Yohannes Mitcham

Akimba Lawrence

Yusuf Saunders

Dennis Flemming


Kimron Browne


Valmon Jeffers

Keyshawn Francis

Sylvester Caines


Geovannie Lake

Dajhal Kelly

FINAL SCORE  5 – 4 in favour of Newtown

In the second match of the night, Conaree bashed St. Pauls 3 – 1


Ajah Jules 32nd min


Kadeem Lewis 5th min

Orlando Mitcham struck twice

Captain Mudassa Howe of Conaree, spoke of his team’s focus ahead of the match as the reason for the very positive result. “We stick to the game plan. We play as a team and we did as the coach told us to do,” Howe said.

Player Adrian Caines for St. Pauls felt his team lost focus and were unable to get to the ball as quickly as the Conaree players. “I think lack of communication and we were a little slow reacting to the ball,” Caines said.


 Caption: Orlando Mitcham of Conaree (left) battles for possession from a St. Pauls player in FA Cup action on Sunday.

Leave a Reply