• 1- 869-466-2998
  • info@sknfa.com


Yohannes Mitcham scored a last-gasp goal to give Honda Newtown United a 3-2 victory over S L Horsfords St. Paul’s United Sunday in the SKNFA Premier League at Warner Park. The match was highly anticipated as a clash of the titans and was extended for 22 minutes due to medics tending to a St. Paul’s player who picked up an injury in the second half. That was enough time for a sensational finish.

Scoring for St. Paul’s 

Kalonji Clarke 22nd min

Keithroy Freeman 90th +12 min

Scoring for Newtown Utd 

Marvin Mcsheene 35th min

Yohannes Mitcham struck twice 31st & 90th + 22 min


Red card 

Kalonji Clarke (St.Pauls) 57th min

(Violent Conduct)

After the match, Coach Anthony Nets Isaac of Newtown United commended his team for remaining resolute and coming away with the win. “For the first part of the game, we were very satisfied at halftime…we came out the first half and did what we had to do,” Isaac said. “Coming back into the second half, the first thing I told them, please don’t go out and sit flat because St. Paul’s will come after you, which they did,” he added, noting that both teams were probably affected by the long stoppage in play. He said however, he advised his captain Yohannes Mitcham, that they should go out and play hard and the coaching staff would keep him abreast of the time that elapsed. “At the end of the day, he had two clear chances, but the last one he finished for us,” Isaac added.

Manager of St. Paul’s Austin Lewis said his team had a sloppy start which led to their defeat. “We started a bit rocky…whether we scored first or not, it was a sloppy start,” he said. This is the first time in almost two years that St. Paul’s lost a match during the regular season of the league. In Sunday’s earlier match, St. Peters F.C. earned their first win of the season, defeating Jones Group Sandy Point FC 2-0.

Scoring for St. Peters 

Shevene Boston 66th min

Elanjah Govia 88th min

Red Card

Tijauni Isaac (St. Peters) 77th min

(Serious foul play)


Coach Austin Huggins of St. Peters said things are coming together with his team, which he took over just before the start of the season. “We did a lot of work after our first two matches. We made some serious mistakes; we got a lot of work done on the training pitch. It came to fruition today, so we will continue to build as we go forward, ironing out our mistakes and trying to improve on the things we do better,” Huggins said.

For Assistant Coach Kenneth Douglas of the newly promoted Sandy Point, his team is still defeating itself. “Football is 90 minutes…we held out for 70 minutes and then we gave up two goals,” Douglas said. He noted that his players might be young and a bit inexperienced, but they must improve their level of play in the premier league.