Basseterre, St. Kitts- Along with eight other officers, the SKNFA’s President Anthony Johnson has been selected to grace CONCACAF’s Diversity board. The board, with the sole purpose of “ensuring that the recently introduced ‘Protocol for Racist Incidents During Matches’ is implemented appropriately” will as of now tackle any racism outbreaks in our beautiful game.
The members, chosen from across the region include:
• David Sabir – General Secretary, Bermuda Football Association
• Peter Montopoli – General Secretary, Canadian Soccer Association
• Damien Hughes – General Secretary, Caribbean Football Union
• Carlos Mendez – President, El Salvador Football Federation
• Andy Swift, Executive Director, Dallas Cup
• Margarita Echeverria – CONCACAF Statutes Committee Member
• Anthony Johnson – President, St. Kitts & Nevis Football Association
• Rignaal Francisca – President, Curaçao Football Federation
• Decio de Maria – President of Liga MX
• Lic. Ariel Alvarado
• Sheldon Phillips – General Secretary, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation
These nine have been deemed fit to carry out the protocol which “is designed to ensure that we have the mechanisms to deal with any potential incidents swiftly and systematically”.
Congatulation are extended to Mr. President on this new appointment. We’re all very proud of you.