Basseterre, St. Kitts, 5th February 2016 – The good news for premier league football players is that starting Saturday, 6th February, the St. Kitts-Nevis Football Association (SKNFA) is providing players with a 50 percent discount on match tickets.
According to Stanley Jacobs, the SKNFA general secretary, the Players’ Incentive Program introduces significantly discounted tickets for premier league matches, allowing for more players to see matches when they are not playing matches themselves. He said further, “Part of our philosophy is to give back to players. We’ve been working to ensure that players gain from playing football.”
General Secretary Jacobs referred to initiatives such as the major increases in prize money over the past few years. This year, the payout will be $20,000, the highest ever in football history in the federation. In addition, players now benefit from an insurance scheme, scholarships and playing attachment opportunities. “It’s a way to show players that we value their contributions in the Premier League,” said Jacobs.
For premier league players, here is how it will work:
- A special window will be designated for Premier League Players to Purchase their ticket
- Each player is allowed to purchase one ticket per match day at the 50 % discount
- Each player MUST present a National Photo Identification on purchase of their ticket
- The player will give the ticket seller their name and the name of the club they represent along with the photo ID for verification
- The ticket seller will verify the Identification of the player and the team given against the Club’s registration sheet.
- Once the information presented is accurate, the ticket seller will issue the ticket at the 50 % discount.
- Players cannot purchase tickets at the discounted rate at any other window but the one identified for Players.
- Players cannot purchase more than one ticket
- Players cannot purchase ticket for someone else as the ticket seller must verify that the person purchasing the ticket is who he says he is.
- This policy is for all Premier Division matches, Carnival Cup, Easter Cup, FA, Cup and Final Four matches.
- This policy does not extend to international and friendly matches.
Jacobs said he wants players to benefit from the incentive and urges all premier league players to abide by the rules and procedures given for the discounted tickets. He said, “We must always remember that whatever gains the Association makes will ultimately redound to the benefit of the clubs, players and people of St. Kitts and Nevis.”