• 1- 869-466-2998
  • info@sknfa.com

St. Peters Dispatch Newtown 2-0 in Sunday Night Thriller

A clinical Elco Ltd. St. Peters punished an undisciplined Winners Circle Newtown F.C. outfit 2-0 on Sunday night in the SKNFA National Bank Premier League at the Warner Park. Dionis Stevens got the lead for the winners in the 9th minute and Newtown was unable to recover from that point onwards. In the dying moments of the game in stoppage time, while Newton was pressing for an equalizer, Tyquan Tyrell got a break away move and notched the second goal pass the Newtown keeper to seal the win.

Despite dominating possession in the second half, Newtown was unable to get the ball in the back of the net, though they did score an offside goal in the latter moments of the game.

Coach Anthony Nets Isaac of Newtown blamed the loss squarely at the feet of his players who showed up late to warm up ahead of the match. “If you start bad at anything, you’re going to end up bad at anything. At the beginning of the game, we had players coming in for a 7 o clock game at 6:30. Six players warming up—you can’t go through a game (like that) and expect to win,” Coach Isaac said.

Coach Orville Thompson of St. Peters F.C. continue to praise the hard work in practice for his team’s continued success. “Tough luck to Newtown. I think it was a hard fought game from my team but I think Newtown came out a bit pressing but our guys hold out. I think hard work paid off tonight,” Coach Thompson said.

In the first of Sunday’s double header defending champions Flow 4G Cayon Rockets brushed aside Premier League newcomers TGE Dieppe Bay Eagles 3-0. Carlos Bertie continued his excellent goal scoring form with a hat trick in the 19th, 46th and 81st minutes and would have scored a fourth had he not missed a penalty in the 70th minute. It was more headaches for Dieppe Bay who are rooted at the bottom of the table having finished the game with nine men when Jason Phipps and Kenton Alford were both sent off in the 71st minute of play.

Meanwhile, on Saturday the team from Central Basseterre H.E. Garden Hotspurs remained on top of the league of the point standing after a 2-1 win over Fast Cash Saddlers on Saturday night at the Warner Park. Kirvae Jarvis of Saddlers gave the team from rural St. Kitts an early lead in the 6th minute, but only for Arturo Dias to erase that lead in the 25th min for Spurs. Giovanni Lake doubled the lead in the 42nd minute. Coach St. Clair Morris of Garden Hotspurs, felt his team did enough to win the match in the first half, as he was nowhere satisfied with the second half performance. “We started a bit slow in the first half. They got one on us but we were able to come back. The latter part of the game; second half was terrible to me,” Coach Morris assessed.

However, for Coach Kenroy Knibbs of Saddlers, he has a problem with the officiating. “We never really defended all that well as we normally do and I think we got some hard decisions from the officials,” Knibbs said.

Meanwhile, in the top teams clash as part of Saturday’s triple header, SOL Island Auto Conaree F.C. and S.L. Horfords St. Pauls drew 1-1. Kadeen Lewis of Conaree scored an own goal just before the stroke of halftime in the 45th min against Conaree, but Errol Oloughlin restored parity in the 72nd minute courtesy of a penalty. The penalty was from a foul in box resulting from a push on a Conaree player, but Coach Austin Huggins of St. Pauls was not convinced by the decision. “I think this was a game we should have put away as early as the first half but also I am very disappointed by the decision by the referee when he rewarded Conaree with a penalty. I don’t see how but nevertheless we still got to keep on fighting,” he said.

Coach Alexis Morris of Conaree on the other hand, was pleased with his team’s output and felt the decision to be given the penalty was the correct one. “It’s unfortunate that we did not get the three points we were seeking. But at least we were not on the losing end. I believe from the first half we should have put away the game,” he said. Regarding the penalty he said: “Check the replay and you definitely would see—two hands in the attacker’s back (relating to the push on his player)…definitely any day, if I had the whistle, it would be a penalty,” he explained.

In other results:



Kimaree Rogers 47th min

Joseph Wilkes 81st min


Kenrick Phillip  (strikers) 27th min

Jahquan Hendrickson (strikers) 32nd min

Karl Tuitt (village) 35th & 48th min

Kimaree Rogers (village) 83rd min


Diquan Johnson (strikers) 42nd min

Karl Tuitt (village) 48th min

So after Match Day 13, the National Premier League Standing see:

  1. E. Garden Hotspurs             30pts
  2. Rams Village Superstars    28pts
  3. L. Horsfords St. Pauls         25pts
  4. Flow 4G Cayon Rockets      23pts
  5. Sol IAS Conaree                   21pts
  6. Elco Ltd. St. Peters             17pts
  7. Winners Circle Newtown 14pts
  8. Fast Cash Saddlers             10pts
  9. Thomas Trinity                   7pts
  10. TGE Dieppe Bay Eagle       6pts


 Caption: Action between St. Peters and Newtown players on Sunday.

Leave a Reply