• 1- 869-466-2998
  • info@sknfa.com

The heat is back!

BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – THE Rams Village Superstars have leap-frogged S. L. Horsford St. Pauls in the St. Kitts-Nevis Football Association’s (SKNFA) Premier Division standings after defeating them 1-nil on Saturday (Feb. 8).

On the Premier Division’s return to Nevis for the third consecutive year, the Rams Village Superstars and the S. L. Horsford St. Pauls came into the game knowing that a win in this game could propel either side further up the ranking. And with the two top teams to play each other on Sunday, it was an opportunity for either team to help cement a spot in the top four positions of the table.

The early exchanges in the game were dominated by the Rams Village Superstars who – despite having the bulk of the attacking opportunities – were wasteful in their attempts to take the lead in the game.

With the Rams Village Super Stars dominating the possession, St. Paul’s seemed pleased to hit the Village team on the counter-attack with Josh Leader and Terrance Ward executing commendable teamwork on numerous occasions but to no avail.

The game’s second half followed a different pattern however, with St. Pauls on the front foot, their best chance being a free kick by Ward that just sailed over the cross bar.

As the game wore on, an opening goal seemed more and more unlikely the Rams Village Superstars won a free-kick in the 75th minute 25 yards from St. Paul’s goal.

With three standing over the ball, many wondered which custodian would take the kick.

And after the referee blew his whistle, up stepped Ordell Flemming who thumped the ball to the top left hand corner of the goal stinging the palms and bursting through the hands of St. Paul’s goal-keeper Jamal Francis for the only goal of the game.

St. Paul’s woes mounted when Anthony Caines was sent off the field in the 78th minute after receiving two yellow cards.

Despite desperate efforts St. Paul’s failed to find an equalizer.

Officials for the game were Kimbell Ward, Mario Parry, Delroy Jeffers and Curtis Morton. Troy Mills served as Match Commissioner and Referees Assessor.

At half-time, referees Kimbell Ward and Mario Parry were recognised for being the first Nevisians to be FIFA-authorized officials and were given their FIFA badges.

Leave a Reply